On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 05:14:35 -0700 (PDT)
Chris George <technat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> When I close the last open file the editor closes. I would like to be
> able to change that behaviour so that the editor remains open. Atom
> exemplifies this. When you close all of the open files you are left
> with an open editor and a very slick tips and tricks page. Kate
> handles this a different way. When you open Kate, you are presented
> with a new file. If you try to close the new file, Kate makes another
> one. So you can never close out of Kate by closing a file.

Notepad++ works the same way as Kate.  I think that would be a lot
easier to do that the tips thing.  Not that that's impossible, but it
requires a different state, whereas just opening a new file when the
last one closes is probably very little code.

I sometimes open another file (usually myLeoSettings.leo, see #445) just
to keep Leo open when closing another file - I think this behavior
would be very useful.

Cheers -Terry