Earlier today I said the following in this thread
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/leo-editor/YfyiLZXKdh8/l_1qyZ5yAAAJ>:

QQQ
Long ago Kent asked that common @button/@command scripts *would* update
dynamically.
I now see that it is quite a good idea.  Alas, it's still not likely to
happen. #171 <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/171> tells
why.
QQQ

Well, as of 2dad0f0 common scripts *do *update dynamically, *provided that
myLeoSettings.leo is already open*. It's clever because myLeoSettings.leo
will likely be open if we are changing common script!

This is such a simple solution.  I should have thought of it years ago.

I have hopes that everything will "just work".  Let me know if you find any
problems.

Edward

P. S. myLeoSettings.leo must be open *in the present instance of Leo*.  It
doesn't do any good for it to be open in another instance.  Otoh, loading
another instance of Leo will use the latest version of scripts at the time
it was loaded, so this is mostly a nit.

EKR