Hi All,

I found 3 related functions that purport to do variants of:

    Try to import a module as Python's import command does.

>     moduleName is the module's name, without file extension.
>
>     This function first attempts to import from sys.modules,
>     then from the extensions and external directories.

but I haven't been able to get them to work. Is it them or me? ;-)

import leo.core.leoGlobals as g
# g.importFromPath('semantic_version',
#
r'C:\Users\mattw\Documents\GitHub\leo-editor\leo\extensions\semantic_version',

#     verbose=True)
# g.importExtension('semantic_version', verbose=True)

g.importModule('semantic_version')

Result:

>python xx-test-semver.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "xx-test-semver.py", line 13, in <module>
    g.importModule('semantic_version')
  File "C:\Users\mattw\code\leo-editor\leo\core\leoGlobals.py", line 4916,
in importModule
    trace = (False or g.app.trace_plugins) and not g.unitTesting
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'trace_plugins'

Matt