On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 1:54 PM, Viktor Ransmayr <viktor.ransm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I haven't been able to get them to work. Is it them or me? ;-)
>>
>> import leo.core.leoGlobals as g
>> # g.importFromPath('semantic_version',
>> #
>> r'C:\Users\mattw\Documents\GitHub\leo-editor\leo\extensions\semantic_version',
>>
>> #     verbose=True)
>> # g.importExtension('semantic_version', verbose=True)
>>
>> g.importModule('semantic_version')
>>
>> Result:
>>
>> >python xx-test-semver.py
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "xx-test-semver.py", line 13, in <module>
>>     g.importModule('semantic_version')
>>   File "C:\Users\mattw\code\leo-editor\leo\core\leoGlobals.py", line 4916
>> , in importModule
>>     trace = (False or g.app.trace_plugins) and not g.unitTesting
>> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'trace_plugins'
>>

> ‚Äč
This clearly indicates that g.app is None, which would be so if you execute
a script outside of Leo.

g.importModule is designed to be executed when g.app *does* exist, that is,
from with Leo or a Leo plugin.

Furthermore, a cff on importModule shows that it is called from several
places. The likelihood that g.importModule is broken is small.

HTH.