On Wed, 11 Apr 2018 05:26:47 -0700 (PDT)
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> #848 Recent Files menu will break for foreign languages
> <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/848> is now
> complete.  The first non-blank, non-comment line of the node `@menu
> Recent Files' can contain an alternate (translated) menu name.
>
> You should *not* just change the headline of the node: it should
> remain unchanged. Indeed, the point of this item is that Leo has to
> know which item is the Recent Files item, so some *other* way was
> needed to specify an alternate name.

I wonder about a more generic solution, like

@menu সাম্প্রতিক নথিপত্র @menu_id recent_files

where the @menu_id directive could go in the headline or as a child or
in the body, where ever.

Because I just ran into another need for a dynamic menu the other day,
working on dock layout thing, which is progressing.

Window -> Layout -> Add tool -> dynamic list of tools

which seems analogous to Recent Files, in that it can change during a
session of using Leo.

Cheers -Terry