On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 7:58 AM, Terry Brown <terrynbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

I wonder about a more generic solution
> ​...
> ​
> Because I just ran into another need for a dynamic menu the other day.

​Hmm.  I can understand your wish, but I really really really do not want
to further complicate the menu code.

You can see the code needed to treat the 'Recent Files' menu as a special
case by doing a cff on recentFilesMenuName:

- LeoMenu.handleSpecialMenus sets this ivar.
- The ivar is used in two places as follows:

    recentFilesMenu = menu.getMenu(self.recentFilesMenuName)

In short, adding another special case to handleSpecialMenus seems good
enough.

HTH.