>  Please tell us where we can find the latest version.
>
> Edward

I am glad that you find new data model still interesting and that you will
give it a chance. Latest version is not very far from the version I have
sent to you before. As I remember I have just fixed one small issue since.
It caused tests to fail when gnx in the outline is not the same as the gnx
in external file. That was a two lines fix. Since then I haven't worked on
the model. There are lot of small things that I put on hold until after
this weekend, that now require my attention. As soon as I can work again on
model, I plan to work on the undo/redo functionality next. It may cause
some changes in the model. That is why I don't think that documenting and
explaining model have to wait a bit longer. But as soon as I am satisfied
with the shape of model, I'll do my best to explain it in full detail. Then
we can discuss it further.

Are you talking about screen redraws? That might be made faster by drawing
> only the visible part of the screen.

Yes, I had mostly drawing in mind. Drawing tree in Leo perhaps can be made
faster using the same algorithm as in my prototype and using positions for
traversing movements. We can say perhaps that position is a temporary index
in database. Your comment made me think about this possibility a lot. I
can't say exactly why I doubt that it would be very effective or point
where potential problem will arise. Here are just a few thoughts:

   - it is not enough to have a sequence of visible items. We also need to
   link visible items with the positions. In the prototype this is achieved by
   using the fact that positions are immutable which is not true for p
   instances
   - traversing tree using p instances involves list manipulations and
   instantiations which are more expensive than integer arithmetic that is
   used in the prototype
   - in new model it is well defined where is the next visible node
   relative to the current one. In case of v instances it is hard if not
   impossible to figure out what will be the next visible v node

Anyway, these are only my guesses. Maybe some experimenting will show more
precisely what is missing and whether it can be easily added to the p and v
classes.

I remember that I have tried few months ago in 768-new-tree branch to make
some improvements in tree drawing, but with no real success. At that time I
have already implemented drawing tree in leo-el-vue and leo-cljs using very
similar algorithms as the one in the prototype. Yet, I haven't found the
way to apply the same algorithm using p and v. There may be a way, I am not
sure.

Vitalije