> I have lost patience with this discussion.  If you want to convince me,
> change leoNodes.py in a git branch and create show how the qt redraw code
> can be improved.
>
> The ball is in your your court.  I'm done reading dissertations.
>
> Edward

My first response was:

It is not fair. I explicitly said that I don't even think it is possible
under conditions you gave. If you tired of this discussion, we don't have
to have it right now. From the history of our discussions I have learned
that after a while Edward will do the right thing that bothers him at the
moment.

But on second thought I will accept the challenge. Only I am not going to
play according to the rule "change only leoNodes.py". Instead I will to try
to change as little as possible in whatever module I find necessary. All
that in a separate branch. When I complete this Edward can look at all the
changes and then decide whether to accept them or not.

Vitalije