On Monday, August 6, 2018 at 4:51:51 AM UTC-5, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2018 at 12:54 PM, Jeff Filipovits <jrfilipov...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I am a lawyer and would like to use Leo to keep track of research and
>> potentially assist in writing briefs. This is a relatively petty thing, but
>> it is driving me crazy. Is there a way to get Leo use curly (single and
>> double) quotes?
>>

> #949 <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/949> is an
> enhancement requesting so-called smart quotes.

Rev 383f20c completes the work, for now.  Please reopen if improvements are
desired.

The present code converts a straight quote (single or double) to an opening
curly quote if the cursor is at the start of a line or if a blank or tab
precedes the cursor.  Otherwise, the code converts a straight quote (single
or double) to a closing curly quote.