On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 04:27:10 -0700 (PDT)
Josef <joe...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Perhaps it is best/easiest not to touch the cell content at all, and
> leave such alignment things to a separate command? Otherwise you may
> end up having to remember the alignment strategy for each file.

Right, the alignment stuff I'm not going to deal with.  But I'm pleased
with the enhancements I've just pushed to devel.  Whereas before you
could just edit comma separated data, now you can use any separator,
*and* you can add a line start / line end string.  So for a LaTeX table

Use \t to represent tabs.

A behind the scenes complication is that I want to keep using Python's
csv lib. to parse the data, and that only allows single character
separators.  I get around that by replacing the user visible separator,
which may be multi-character, with a single character that doesn't
occur in the text - have to search for that.

I want to keep using the lib. to support CSV like

count, description
7, otters
12, "rats, mice"

although I'm not sure that part's working at the moment.

Anyway, Leo is even better at editing tables now, thanks Josef :)