On Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 10:26:17 AM UTC-5, Paul Dumais wrote:

How is git-diff generally used? When I launch leo, current working
> directory is set as my home directory, but I wan to use the git-diff
> command on a particular directory. But git-diff seems to only work on the
> current working directory. How do I change this to work on my git
> repository?

Here, the best answer is in the code.  Searching for 'git-diff' in
leoPy.leo eventually leads to the GitDiffController class, in @file
../commands/editFileCommands.py.

gdc.git_diff does the work.  Its signature is:

git_diff(self, directory=None, rev1='HEAD', rev2=''):

So scripts could the directory kwarg, but what does this kwarg mean?  The
git_diff method starts with:

if not self.set_directory(directory):
        return

Looking at gdc.set_directory, we see that it defaults to os.curdir, that
is, the current working directory.

Finally, looking at gdc.find_git_working_directory, we see that it looks
for a .git directory in the given directory, or all *parent* directories.

In short, there are two possible answers to your question.

1. Set your computer's working directory to a directory containing the
desired .git directory.

2. Write a script (@button node, say), that sets the "directory" kwarg as
desired.  Something like this:

import leo.commands.editFileCommands as efc

efc.GitDiffController(c).git_diff(
    directory="your desired directory",
)

HTH.