Seeking to deepen my understanding of the fractured python packaging
<https://www.reddit.com/r/Python/comments/8jd6aq/why_is_pipenv_the_recommended_packaging_tool_by/>

world and how to apply the best, or at least the parts I can wrap my head
around, led me to an excellent birds-eye view article
<https://sedimental.org/the_packaging_gradient.html> that yielded several
insights and an essential aha! into the challenges
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/847> of packaging
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/944> Leo and why it's been
hard for me:

*PyPI is not an app store. *PyPI, pip, wheels, and the underlying
> setuptools machinations are all designed for *libraries*. Code for
> developer reuse. [Not applications]

`Pip install leo` is great, we need it, but it's not the tool for all
distribution methods. Better installation for end users as an application
was the target I've had in my mind. So props to Mahmoud Hashemi for
re-orienting me, a new luminary for me to learn from.

In typical *Matt-ooh-whats-that?* fashion, this led me to a new project to
explore which I think Leonistas will find interesting also, *Glom:
<https://sedimental.org/glom_restructured_data.html>*

Real applications have real data, and real data nests. Objects inside of
> objects inside of lists of objects.
>
> glom is a new and powerful way to handle real-world data, featuring:
>
>    - Path-based access for nested data structures
>    - Readable, meaningful error messages
>    - Declarative data transformation, using lightweight, Pythonic
>    specifications
>    - Built-in data exploration and debugging features
>
> All of that and more, available as a fully-documented
> <https://glom.readthedocs.io>, pure-Python package, tested on Python
> 2.7-3.7, as well as PyPy.

-Matt