On Mon, 8 Oct 2018 02:58:28 -0700 (PDT)
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> - Why can't we put unit tests near the code being tested?

I'd argue (for Python) for using the best in class unit testing
framework's practice.  pytest puts tests for

.../foo/my_module.py->my_func()

in

.../foo/test/test_my_module.py->test_my_func()

Leo makes the idea of "near" meaningless, there's plenty of ways to
jump between these pieces of code easily.

As you said elsewhere "One of my biggest mistakes has been not using
existing tools.", I'll explain my feeling's towards Leo's unit testing
framework.  I am (approximately) a Python developer, not a Leo
developer.  So having to take the time to learn Leo's personal unit
testing framework, knowing I'm going to want to use pytest for any
other project, causes me to not write unit tests for Leo.

> - Why can't we use javascript, or prolog within Leo?

The richtext plugin runs a WYSIWYG HTML editor in javascript in Leo, so
I think javascript shouldn't be hard.  Chances are the plugins broken /
needs maintenance, and while we could blame Qt's web support history
for that, to be fair all code needs maintenance.