I could have sworn I'd posted about this, but can't find the post - I'd
be curious if anyone remembered a posting along these lines.  Pffft.

For a while (since Aug. 9 2018 according to git) I've been fiddling
with a Flexx based app. that is Leo like.  But not Leo.  It's an
experiment with a different data model (VDCG, Vaguely Directed Cyclic
Graphs).  Nodes / edges are stored in a DB.  Edges belong to sets, or
graphs.  Nodes can occur in multiple graphs.  Sort of sea of nodes /
colored threads / Kent's extra dimensions (maybe).  So when you want
the list of children for a node, you have to specify the graph, a node
has a different set of children in each graph.

The initial question is can you navigate this using a tree?  So I have
a tree widget that supports moving nodes, and string widgets to edit
the name and "body" of the node.  Data on a node is generalized as a
dict / JSON string, so nodes having a head / body is an option, not a
requirement.  Fiddling with questions about whether you should see
nodes from two or more graphs under a node at the same time, etc.

App. components aren't directly connected, they broadcast messages that
other components can react to, or not.  Insert node, for example,
broadcasts a msg. ('insert_node') from the JS tree component.  The
"core" (Python) component hears that, changes the DB, and broadcasts a
msg. ('node_inserted') telling any listening widgets about that change.

Leaving a lot of rough edges (focus, can't manipulate top level nodes,
keyboard nav. of tree etc.) while I try and work out if this model
(VDCG) is usable.

No particular point to this message other than that I could have sworn
I'd written this before, but see no evidence that that's the case.

Tangentially, I've also been using vim a lot for day to day work.  I
see the Ace editor has a vim keyboard mode.