Yesterday I made the mistake of using conda install in my main python3/qt5
environment.  This ruined the look of tabs and buttons in Leo's window.

Alas, *it's not easy to downgrade to an earlier version of qt5 using either
conda or pip*. Make sure you can continue to use earlier versions of Qt4.
Make backups of theme files before messing with them.

Happily, it appears that all problems arise from Qt #59533
<https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-59533>: "Qt >= 5.8 and 5.10+ stops
parsing stylesheet when it sees ~=". See also Leo #804
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/804>.

Eliminating "~=" from theme .leo files fixes all problems, except that Leo
can no longer change colors in the status area.  For example, the status
area should be colored red when a search fails.

Older versions of Leo switched colors using code.  It will be necessary to
do so again. We can't wait for Qt to fix this problem.