Hi Edward,

I am the one who originally requested this feature, because I thought it
would better represent the structure of a large document. I used it for a
while, but since there are problems with it I accept if you disallow this
feature (child @clean nodes cannot have themselves other node children, and
there seems to be a problem when editing the files outside Leo as well).
I think it is better not to have a feature unless it works reliably. I fear
there are not that many people, who like me work on large tex documents
together with several other people, so I am all right if you scrap this
feature.

A good workaround for me is to use links (with backlinks): I insert a link
to the @file node at the node where the corresponding \input sits.

- Josef