On Sun, 19 May 2019 08:23:58 -0700 (PDT)
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This post discusses #1150
> <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/1150>.  Don't
> panic. Nothing is settled yet, and I'll consider your comments
> seriously.
>
> Using Qt's Dock widget *might* improve Leo substantially.  It would
> certainly making integrating Leo and pyzo easier, but that's a
> secondary concern.  The proposal must stand on its own merits.
>
> *Background*
>
> Using a Dock might seem a no-brainer.  Qt docks allow users freedom
> to position, move and resize *dockable *widgets. Even better, Qt can
> automagically save and restore user changes!

To layout, not the state of the widget in the dock.

> Alas, QDock's require a so-called *central widget*.  This
> significantly restricts the design choices.  Everything must be
> placed *around* the central widget: above, below, left or right of it.

When I was trying to do this it seems sufficient to just use the left
side dock for everything, and have no main widget.  That gives you
complete freedom of layout and no "more equal than others" widget.

Cheers -Terry

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/leo-editor/20190519102911.6866190e%40lakeview.