Bookmarks isn't particularly entangled in the old UI, I had it working in
my attempt at a docks based UI.

I don't really see it as different from the other plugins listed in #1154
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/1154>, it has state
persistence, but I don't think that's a GUI tied issue.

That said, the old GUI worked by letting plugins register as things that
could provide a widget for the GUI to manage.  It also handled persistence
in that process.  In that context bookmarks.py would work equally well in a
new GUI that registers a list of things that can provide widgets to manage.
If the new model is for each plugin to understand the GUI and manage itself
within it, then there might be more work to be done.

Cheers -Terry

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/leo-editor/CAFPg46Q%2B8YvxRYQ%3DMkFdJr7aXaxVTOauQ2PJCuwM9RBh1MOcqA%40mail.gmail.com.