Hmm... I saw org-brain but it looked clunky so decided to not try it out,
perhaps I judged it too soon.

I watched a video and it does look like it shows "clones", in that you can
have the same node referenced in different parts of the tree.

Without using org-brain but seeing it, and with having used Leo heavily,
the main differences appear to be:

   - org-brain does not appear to indicate when something is a clone
   (things would start to get confusing in larger DAGs with nodes of the same
   name)
   - no explicit babel integration (therefor no ability to generate full
   code files from DAG)
   - no explicit tangle/untangle integration (same inability as above)

It appears as though the target audience for org-brain is specifically
mind-mapping, where these features might not be missed. That is likely
going to be the differentiator, if you're trying to do mind-mapping,
note-organization type tasks it may offer you similar features to what you
can find in Leo. It is likely not going to get you any kind of Tree/DAG
programming ability. The closest thing you will find to Leo's features with
regards to organizing code is outshine
<https://github.com/alphapapa/outshine>; be warned there are no clones, it
just offers a tree structure (which is definitely better than nothing at
all).

It's been discussed here before but the way Leo handles "clones" is a cut
above the rest: cleanly, transparently, and natively. The cleanliness of
their implementation is evident in how broadly and generically they can be
used. They remind me a bit of symlinks in the Linux filesystem.

Emacs and any plugin I've seen thus far lacks a true cloning ability.
Though I actually do not think it would be too difficult to implement one's
self. Emacs has a feature called "indirect buffers"
<https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Buffer-Convenience.html#Buffer-Convenience>
 which
is a true cloning ability, but lacking all structure. It likely would not
be difficult to do something clever with org, babel, and indirect buffers
to create a tree/body view very similar to Leo's. You would be able to
tangle, but never untangle (this is also a feature unique to Leo).

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/leo-editor/b7584570-75aa-4f8f-98ea-276fd6ef1176%40googlegroups.com.