Can't comment on it status working wise, but the sticky nodes plugin has an
encrypted sticky note option.

It's only available if it finds the right library, and only encrypts one
node at a time.  I think it's reasonably secure, it uses AES encryption and
puts the base64 encoded result in the Leo node, displaying the decrypted
text in a temporary popup editor so there shouldn't be any chance of it
being written to file.  No comment on in memory attacks though.

Cheers -Terry