On Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 7:58 AM Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

*> I have no plans to write the required elisp code*.  Indeed, it would be
a big distraction for me and Leo's other devs.

If I had understood emacs way back in 1985 I would likely have written
something like org mode myself.  Leo's history would surely have been very
different.  Leo's user base would have been larger, but who knows whether
either of the following would have happened:

1. e's dyna_menu, which lead to @button.
2. Bernhard Mulder's @shadow, which lead to @clean.

Anyway, we do have @button, @clean and all the rest.  Embedding Leonine
features into (say) org mode might be the most effective way of spreading
the Leonine way, and btw, getting all the benefits of emacs.

If I had a magic wand and could soup up org mode with Leo I would certainly
do it.  It would be even better if emacs could get its act together and
allow scripting emacs with python ;-)

But I don't have a magic wand, and it doesn't seem likely that emacs will
ever be scriptable with python.  Unless some hero steps up Leo in emacs
will remain a tantalizing possibility, just out of reach.