On Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at 5:52:55 AM UTC-5, Edward K. Ream wrote:

Important:  I'm talking about vim *mode* (@bool vim-mode), *not* the vim.py
> plugin.  The vim plugin is here to stay, although it should be improved.
>
> Terry and Kent have voted with their feet, and I am grateful to gar for
> pointing out vim mode's serious problems.
>
> Does anyone actually use vim mode?  If so, how do you work around vim
> mode's shortcomings?

There has been no direct discussion of this.  #1235
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/1235> contemplates
retiring the code in leoVim.py, along with all associated code and
settings. I'll proceed unless I hear protests.