On Sun, 8 Sep 2019 13:25:23 -0700 (PDT)
Chris George <technat...@gmail.com> wrote:

> After extensive testing I have determined that my initial conclusions
> hold.
>
> With all else being equal (this took some effort), if the python
> environment leois running under is native to the OS the stylesheet is
> flawless.
>
> If leo is running under a venv of any flavor (including conda) the
> artifacts appear.
>
> Changing the stylesheet while using the venv doesn't work. Gammaray
> doesn't help. As far as it is concerned it is the same object with
> the same properties.
>
> I am stumped.

Could something else like screen dpi determination be different?

Can you run the OS native version (partially) in the venv?  Perhaps
just get Python from the venv not the Qt stuff - you'd have to tell the
venv to use system libs.  Then just PyQt from the venv not Python / Qt,
etc. if that pattern makes sense.

Cheers -Terr