I have just revised code in the "bug-1451".  Some cruft is gone, and
several docstring improved.

I can find nothing seriously amiss.  Indeed, several messy methods look
completely innocent.  Even if they were buggy they could not cause files to
be skipped.

I have just updated the first comment of #1451
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/1451>. This comment
summarizes what I did and my present thinking.

Please do continue to use the "bug-1451" branch and report any problems.

*Summary*

The code looks rock solid to me.  I'll be merging the new code into devel
sometime in the next few days.