Hello Thomas,

Am Samstag, 28. Dezember 2019 00:54:15 UTC+1 schrieb Thomas Passin:

> On Thursday, December 26, 2019 at 2:49:52 PM UTC-5, Matt Wilkie wrote:
>>
>> Why is the script 'leo-m.exe' available in the development-/ beta version
>>> of Leo (e.g. 6.1-b1-devel) but not in the master-/ final version of Leo
>>> (e.g. 6.1-final) at PyPI?
>>>

>> It's because master lags behind devel. It was inadvertently left out of
>> the last master (final) release, and will be restored in next one.
>>

>>> I think this script should be there at all times, since it is really
>>> helpful when something goes wrong unexpectedly.
>>>

>> `python path\to\launchLeo.py` is the same as leo-messages.exe is always
>> available, regardless of what does or doesn't happens with pip's install.
>>
>> -matt
>>

> BTW, it's easier to run these modules using python -m, since you don't
> have to keep coming up with the full path.  That is:
>
> python -m leo.core.runLeo # or launchLeo or whatever
>
> Of course, the leo directory location has to be known to Python if it's
> not in the standard location (e.g., Lib/site-packages).

Thanks for this reminder. - Yes, it does work for leo.core.runLeo - but -
it does not work for launchLeo.py, since this file is not part of the Leo
package when installed from PyPI.

AFAICT this is related to what Matt called "Leo's issue with (newer) Python
Packaging Preferences" here [1].

With kind regards,

Viktor
---