On Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 6:23:45 AM UTC-6, Edward K. Ream wrote:

As of rev f8fc59 it should be pretty safe to try out the new beautify-files
> command. Again, make sure you have backups of any to-be-beautified file.

Still true.

I have beautified all of Leo's files in the fstrings branch. This revealed
several minor bugs which will be fixed soon.

More importantly, I saw that splitting and joining lines involve subtle
matters of policy that I had not considered at all. For now, my preference
is *never* to join lines.

For example, when I have taken the trouble to call or def arguments on
separate lines, I see no reason to undo that just because they actually
could fit on a single line. It's not as if anyone is going to print the
code, so "saving" lines makes no sense.

*Summary*

I'll check in the changes to devel when I have beautified and fstringified
all of Leo's files to my satisfaction. This will likely take a day or two.