On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 8:00 AM Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

Rev f9a83c in the fstrings branch makes it possible to use black on files
> containing Leo sentinels.
>
> Previously, I had thought this would be impossible/undesirably, because
> black ensures at least one blank at the start of each comment line. This
> changes all of Leo's sentinels. But there is a relatively straightforward
> workaround...

[snip]

So now there is an easy way to restore the *original *sentinels. Just write
> the external file again.

There is a much simpler way:

- Change @file to @clean and write the file.
- Run black.
- Reload the file.
- Change @clean to @file and rewrite the file.

In fact, I plan to have Leo's blacken-file and blacken-file-diff commands
do this automagically. Expect this soon. I want to use black as a
comparison for Leo's beautify commands.