I'm also interested in displaying parts of Leo outlines as mind maps.
Making them be interactive with Leo would involve a lot, but making them
display-only would be much easier.  The layout algorithm and its details
would be the biggest challenge.  Display could be either in a QT5 drawing
pane or a QT5 web browser pane.

For a browser pane, the most obvious choices are to use javascript to draw
on the canvas, or to use svg.  I favor using svg.  Actually, what I have in
mind would be *slightly* interactive, in that clicking on an item in the
displayed mind map would put the Leo cursor right into the corresponding
node in the outline.