On Friday, February 28, 2020 at 8:36:29 AM UTC-5, Thomas Passin wrote:

> This one is easy to adjust.  You would put another setting into
> MyLeoSettings.py with the time format you want.  If you like, myself or
> someone could write down the string format for your particular format. The
> name of the setting is
>
> body-time-format-string

Looks like I do need help on that. A search did not find it in Leo help. I
think the best for the 'created:' line would be YYYY-MM-DD. I don't see the
need for HH-MM-SS, as I just want to know the date created. I prefer
hyphens to slashes.
example: "created: 2020-02-29"

Now, I want the 'created' date to refer to the date the original content
was created, not the date the zettel was created, so while it's fine to
automate it for a new note in a new zettel, I'll need to be able to reset
that data manually for imported items, which go back to 1990. Maybe when
the parser sees a "created:" line in the formatted zettel-to-be-imported,
it accepts it and does not insert a 'created:' line.

I also would like to know last modified date, but that complicates it I'm
sure. My own preference would be that it auto-updates the 'modified' date
whenever the file saves. Sometimes imported files will have both 'created'
and 'modified' dates, as I do enter those in files I write.