Thank you, Gar!  I sure understand about wanting to stay with dockless.  In
fact, I delayed upgrading from V5.9 for a long time because I thought that
it required docks.  But I'd have to say that I've made my peace with the
docks, even with their odd quirks.

I guess that I'll agonize over this a bit more, and hope for more opinions.