On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 4:27 AM Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 12:56 AM lewis <lewisn...@operamail.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a windows PC where command line options for Leo are ignored.
>>

> Are you starting with a batch file?  If so, you should add %*.  For
> example, here is my leo.bat file:
>
> python c:\leo.repo\leo-editor\launchLeo.py --gui=qttabs %*

Windows, vs *nix, actually places all the specifics on how to run
something, into the registry, versus being properly posixy and looking at
the #! shebang line for proper executable invocation.
So, indeed, 'python file.py --argument' works, but you need a registry
entry similar to Edward's batch example (inclusive of %*)  to have "c:\>
file.py --argument" work.

Top answer here explains it quite well:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1934675/how-to-execute-python-scripts-in-windows

Mike