Though I'm using a conda env, pip is not conda related.  From what I've
seen, they must not have a complete requirement clause in their setup.py as
the pip install, if done before the pip install -e . for leo, doesn't load
in any pytq stuff so it won't run until leo does that for you.

I'm curious, is your shell in IPython instance, (try? to see if it has
magics)?  I did not get that until I change Leo's requirement to "notebook".

Having Ipython running adds a lot of inspection stuff.