I am using Kubuntu LTS 20.04, which will still be supported for another
year. It uses Python 3.8. I think it would be a major obstacle for Ubuntu
LTS users to have to upgrade the Python version they are using. I have done
that in the past, but it led to endless confusion between the versions and
more importantly, I try to remain compatible with my colleagues at work,
who all use either Ubuntu LTS or Debian.

Josef