For reasons that I do not entirely understand, recent changes to
put_html_links suddenly make it more robust than before. I have not seen
failures recently. #2609
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/2609> might be fixed!

I have just merged (by hand), the latest version of put_html_links from
ekr-ann into devel, so everyone can test it.

I'll leave #2609 <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/2609>
open for at least several more days,Please report any problems
immediately.  Thanks.