" There's no need t make the scripts @clean trees.  @file with @language
batch works well enough (thought I prefer to use "::""

Darn, posted before I was done.  That's supposed to read

There's no need to make the scripts @clean trees.  @file with @language
batch works well enough (though I prefer to use "::" instead of "REM" for
comments - I find it more readable).  If you haven't encountered that
idiom, the colon marks a label to jump to, but there will never be a label
starting with ":", so no code will ever jump there.  So the line is an
inactive line, and can be used for a comment.