On Sun, Mar 26, 2023 at 6:11 AM Edward K. Ream <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just lost 30+ minutes of work due to a hard crash.
>
> I think this is a problem with the internal design of Leo not consistently
saving a state to disk that can be recovered later, like many[most?] other
text editors today.
I also think this non-always-stateful-autosave is why I stopped using leo..
The 'autosave' script caused UI redrawing every single time it ran, which I
had run every few seconds to get the granularity of what I expect to be
saved, and it caused a lot of visual hassle to deal with, sometimes the
keystrokes im typing do not go where they should/get missed because the UI
is redrawing, and thus I feel the internal design is not decoupled from the
UI enough.

My $0.02 adjusted for inflation (closer to $0)

Mike