I've need thinking about leointeg and how I've been using Leo.  This has
generated some thought and questions, so I thought I'd air them here.
Felix has done magnificent work with creating leointeg, no doubt about it,
and I hope he will post some of his thinking here.

One topic is about scripting.  I write Leo scripts all the time.  Sometimes
they are to do a little calculation or programming test.  Sometimes they
add commands to Leo's repertoire.  I wrote a script to launch external
files, which has become a part of the Leo core distribution.  I think of
the scripting capability as being a vital, even essential, capability of
Leo.

Leointeg users can't be expected to depend on Leo's scripting.  Who would
want to write a Python script in Leo if they have only ever been a
VSC/leointeg user?  No, they need the ability to write
javascript/typescript scripts in leointeg.  To be really useful, scripts
need access to leointeg internals, the equivalent of g and c in Leo.

How does this work in leointeg?  Or if it can't be done as yet, will such
scripting become feasible later?

A second area is how to make use of other VSC facilities from within
leointeg.  For example, VSC has an extension that provides a markdown view
of a document opened in a VSC editing window.  The Leo viewrendered3 plugin
can play that same role.  How can leointeg connect with that markdown
extension to display leointeg body content in the MD viewer? Or, if we must
write our own extension to do it, can we make it access VSC capabilities so
as to be able to display the markdown in another pane?

Of course, this is a matter more general than just markdown or ReST
rendering.

Along the same lines, it would be very good if we could run a python (or
javascript, or some other language) program in leointeg but using the VSC
debugging facilities.  If that were feasible, leointeg would gain quite an
advantage over Leo, whose debugging capabilities aren't very strong.

Lately I have been using Leo as an application platform, as opposed to
being an excellent tool for editing and managing software and other
projects.  For example, I have created a browser bookmarks manager.  I use
it all the time because I can find things with it in a way that I can't
with the browsers' own bookmark managers, and because it gives me way more
flexibility in editing, organizing, and annotating bookmarks.

This software resides in a Leo outline; it opens in its own panel in Leo's
log pane. The bookmark data is stored and organized in the tree.  So it's
an application, one that replaces an in-browser javascript app I wrote
years ago.  It uses Leo for its infrastructure.

I have a few other apps of this nature, that use Leo's infrastructure but
don't do traditional Leo tasks.

If something like this could be created within leointeg, it would be very
useful indeed.

So these are some thoughts for the possible future course of leointeg.
Perhaps only Felix knows if any of this would be feasible, or would be of
interest to him.  Please chime in with any thoughts and reactions!