No, Leo nodes cannot display images per se.  What you can do is to use
markdown or ReStructuredText and use their syntax to show images.  The
image file would need to be in a location in the files system like any
other image file.  You can view the rendered node with its images, math
symbols, etc., using the viewrendered3 plugin.

The extra typing to do this is very minimal if you don't want to use other
features of these structured languages.

Another thing you could do is to insert the image file's path as a *file:*
URL, like this example:

file://C:/Tom/health/covid/images/covid_frac_rate_with_significant_dates.png

You can also use relative paths.   When you CNTL-Click on the URL it will
open in the image viewer selected by your OS.

On this Leo group we have recently started a discussion on how to embed
images in Leo nodes directly.  In principle it can be done but there are
some key details that need to be figured out first.

I can imagine writing a Leo script that would automate the mechanics of
inserting an image directive into an ReST or MD page.   I don't think it
would be hard, but as of now a script like that does not exist.

If you would like help to try out any of the suggestions above, please feel
free to ask here.  Personally, I would use ReST or MD, and view the images
with the VR3 plugin.  That's pretty much what I do most of the time.