Leo issue #3351 <https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/3351>
reports a problem with how Leo handles --trace arguments.

Last night I marked this issue Can'tFix because I could see no *easy* way
to make python's argparse <https://docs.python.org/3/library/argparse.html>
module do what I want.

But when I awoke this morning, I saw no reason to live with argparse's
limitations!

Indeed, the argparse module is a faux helper. It defines a complex (rigid!)
scripting language. Scanning sys.argv with "help" would give Leo complete
control.

*Summary*

I plan to rewrite LM.scanOptions without argparse.

Does anyone know why this plan might not be a good idea?