Very good.

yes indeed, I dont want to modify the algorithm, and I also see advantages
to the current behavior.  (which i didn't take time to mention in the posts
above)

  But in essence, as I was making sure leojs was behaving properly, i
thought i'd ask if this is working as expected in Leo as per the Bernhard
Mulder algorithm. (because i'm getting the same behavior in leojs - meaning
i translated properly , hehe ) and that the algorithm was not
mistakenly/accidentally changed in the last few years - thus, that this is
the intended, original behavior of the Bernhard Mulder algorithm.

Thanks for your explanations, hope i cleared the confusion that I may have
started by not being explicit enough in my original inquiry from my above
posts.

Félix