Yes, running pip on requiremenst.txt is the standard way.  I also know that
currently requirements.txt does not contain the actual dependencies (which
can be changed, of course). I was just thinking about whether a new user
would have a problem with using pip this way, having already manually
downloaded and unpacked the Leo distro.