On WIndows, installing pyqtx does not require a separate installation of Qt
- apparently all the binaries needed are packaged with pyqyx.  From your
error message, on the Mac it seems that you need to install Qt itself,
apart from any Python installation.  If Qt has already been installed,
maybe the cocoa plugin for it has to get installed separately.

On Linux the package manager usually takes care of the Qt aspects, I
think.  At least, I haven't had problems when I pip-install pyqtx.