Rust feels a little bit like Perl. I came across something that looks a bit more like Python: zig (https://ziglang.org/) I admit, I still found no time to actually try but the concept made me feel like "I want to learn this language" (and I should add that I felt like this for the first time in years). May be I'm just over-enthusiastic for some reason but may be it's really outstandingly good.