On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 08:02:05AM -0400, Rick Scott wrote:
> Analysis:
>
> During the operation in question, ml calls XmListReplaceItemsPos with a
> position of 0. This replaces the entire list. I suspect that something is going
> to need to be re-drawn. That is, if at least 1 item is showing :) The last
> patch added in the need_refresh variable, line ~5468, which is initialized to
> False, and in no case is ever changed to True. The missing _XmListRedraw is
> causing my missing "D's". The other thing that I noticed is in
> _XmListReplaceItemPos we are setting the name, width, height, and length of the
> new item, but not the LastTimeDrawn. Setting this to False at line ~5404 also
> seems to cure my problem.
>
> Peter, you've looked closer at this than I have recently, could you take a
> look. My thinking is that _both_ places need to be fixed. The first because
> need_refresh should be turning True in some cases, the second because if it is
> a new item, how would it have been drawn last time??

Hmm, my guilty conscience forces me to interrupt here ...

I had trouble applying Peter's patch and had to apply the patch.
Now looking at the diff again (for unknown reasons I kept it ;-)
it "might" be that I missed something, e.g. some lines
which feature a
  need_refresh = True;

So before bashing Peter for a broken patch someone should investigate
what exactly happened here ...

--
Alexander Mai
[EMAIL PROTECTED]