On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 02:26:27PM -0800, Ti Kan wrote:
> Alexander Mai writes:
> > We just added an extended check for gethostname() to configure.
> > libXlt uses getservbyname() - do we need to check for this API also
> > in some 'non-standard' libraries?
>
> On UnixWare (and probably Solaris), getservbyname() lives in libsocket.

I have now a version of a getservbyname() check along the lines of the new
gethostname() test (this has meanwhile been reduce to a AC_TRY_LINK).

While looking through the (Xlt) sources I discovered a gethostbyname(),
wrote an easy test and found that some code for this is already within
our configure script. It is not explicitly called, so it's probably part of
the X11 checks?! Can anybody tell more about this?

--
Alexander Mai
[EMAIL PROTECTED]