On Fri, 22 Dec 2000 12:24:40 +0800, Chih-Wei Huang wrote:

>Hello,
>I read your LessTif Advocacy page,
>however, there too few(and old) information there. :p

Hmmm ...

>Here is a lesstif application I think important.
>As you should know, Netscape 4.x use motif as its widget.
>However, motif has too many i18n bugs that make
>Netscape work bad with CJK(Chinese, Japanese, Korean) locales.
>Mr. Penguin-kun published a article that describes
>how to use dynamic-linked Netscape with lesstif 0.91.x
>to fix the i18n problem:
>
>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Grid/8453/lezilla.txt
>
>This is based on i18n fix of lesstif from Fun's page
>http://cgi.shikoku.ne.jp/~fun/srpms.html
>(I don't know whether if the fix has been merged into
>lesstif source trees)
>
>Just for your information and keep nice work!

Thanks!

I think the patch set in question - or at least an older version of it -
has been discussed already. Howver there is AFAIK no result in
terms of a patch which finally had been applied to our source tree yet :-\
Searching in our mailinglist archiv I found

  http://www.mail-archive.com/lesstif@hungry.com/msg00128.html
(and following) which deal with this I18N patch.

---
Alexander Mai
[EMAIL PROTECTED]