Okay guys and gals, in src/xmenu.c, around line 2210, there is an #ifdef
LESSTIF_VERSION section. It is doing an XUngrabButton in the case of LessTif
only. If you #if 0 this section out I'm getting what I think has been
described.

First start up emacs in a "gonna get screwed by a grab" freindly way...

./emacs & sleep 30 ; kill $!

In the main frame do a

Ctrl<Btn1Down>        "menu pops up"
<Btn1Up>              "menu pops down"

<Btn1Down>            "menu cursor displayed....screwed!!"

The pointer is indeed confined_to the emacs frame also.

I haven't seen so many #ifdef LESSTIF_VERION's in code for a long time!! It
would be nice to re-visit some of these to see if they still apply. They mostly
include work arounds, or are work arounds, so it should be simple :)