On 11/24/2018 10:29 AM, Bruce Dubbs via lfs-book wrote:
On 11/24/2018 09:26 AM, DJ Lucas via lfs-book wrote:

On 11/24/2018 09:07 AM, DJ Lucas via lfs-book wrote:

If response is good, then search for commit-links-group BtnGroup and grab the text of the first href and append.

Give me a bit on how to actually parse it. :-)

Better, extract the first instance of "\<a href=.*class=\"sha btn btn-outline BtnGroup-item\">.*</a>" and then extract the text portion (which will be on its own line). Unfortunately, I've no idea where the currency script is for LFS.

svn: BLFS/trunk/scripts

I'd rather leave the script the way it is.  It's only for editors and we can easily ignore the highlighting.

Right now we have:

systemd         239-25d1ba 239        *

but as soon as version 240 is released, then it will become obvious that we need to update.  At that point, the script will show that we are current again.

   -- Bruce

I handled it differently. I added a second entity for the short commit hash, so the book will report correctly based on the latest release. I'll keep an eye on the backports manually as they should be on an as needed basis anyway (significant functionality or security backport only). Today's addition went in on the 14th, the previous commit was a couple of months old. Today's fixed an issue with systemd-nspawn (container setup) that had been slightly broken by an earlier incomplete backport.

--DJ