Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
> Matthew Burgess wrote:
>
>> Bryan Kadzban wrote:
>>
>>> At least /proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq does not exist until the rtc
>>> module is loaded.  (As long as "enhanced real-time clock" is configured
>>> as a module, anyway.  Build it into the kernel and the problem goes
>>> away.  ;-P )
>>

>> Well, not for me it didn't.  RTC is compiled in, and I still had
>> problems.  I assumed this was because the /dev/rtc device hadn't been
>> created that early (because of udev) and therefore the corresponding
>> /proc entry wasn't available until that point.
>

> Please redo your analysis. The existence of a /dev entry and udev has
> absolutely no relation to /proc contents.

I too have the max-user-freq setting (needed for stream processing with
mplayer as well).  I have no problem with placing this in sysctl.conf
and running sysctl immediately after /proc is mounted in the mountkernfs
script.  I'm not sure why Matthew has errors with it.  As far as
modules, /dev, and udev are concerned, I haven't had a chance to explore
furthur.  I'm building a new kernel to test with now.

-- DJ Lucas