On Fri, 13 May 2005, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> Ken Moffat wrote:
> >  In my opinion, put it all in variables - the sparc page has '-m32'
> > exposed to the reader without an explanation (although it might be
> > explained on another page).  Put it all in variables, and explain them
> > at the beginning, then just use them.
>
> The explanatory text for the cross-lfs is still coming. We still have a
> lot of work to do in that area. At the moment, we're just focusing on
> getting the commands straight, however, point taken.

 No worries.  I'm attempting a slightly different multilib build (i686
LFS-6.1 to build x86_64 kernel, then boot that and hopefully build the
rest much as the 6.1 book will) and I'm still tweaking the options in
the first part (64-bit binutils and c compiler) so that I don't include
[i] too many [/i] bogosities in my instructions.

Ken